Athletes tend to consume more and often healthier food than the rest of us, however, they place their bodies under considerable stress, draining them of iron. Iron performs an essential role in the transportation of oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. Oxygen is required for muscular activity. Myoglobin (the muscle's iron-containing compound) makes oxygen available to meet the requirements of physical activity and sport. Through chemical reaction iron is involved in the production of energy.
Articles in this section
- What is the source of magnesium used in XS™ Magnesium Sticks?
- What is the amount of magnesium included in XS™ Magnesium Sticks?
- Does XS™ Magnesium Sticks contain any added dairy or lactose?
- Does XS™ Magnesium Sticks contain any added gluten?
- Does XS™ Magnesium Sticks contain any sugar or sweeteners?
- Does XS™ Magnesium Sticks contain caffeine?
- Does XS™ Magnesium Sticks contain any added soy?
- Are XS™ Magnesium Sticks suitable for vegetarians?
- How many carbs in a serve of XS™ Magnesium Sticks?
- How is XS™ Magnesium Sticks going to help my sports nutrition business?