This is an important question, because there has been a lot of press about some chemicals that are dangerous and have been used in the past to add colour to food. None of those dangerous chemicals are used in XS. It is important not to confuse safe, everyday dyes used in countless food products with entirely different products that were also used to colour food products.
This is analogous to believing that all wall paints should be avoided because some wall paints in the past contained the dangerous chemical, lead. XS uses two very popular and frequently used food colourings. The two food colours, both of which are permitted under the Australia/ New Zealand Food Standards Code, are Tartrazine (2mg or 8 parts per million) in the Citrus and Allura Red #40 (2.5mg or 10 parts per million) in the Cranberry.
They are used to supplement the natural colours of the drinks. Extensive scientific studies have never discovered any negative side-effects from these dyes at these extremely low amounts. The reason XS contains these dyes is the same reason it contains flavourings. It’s great to take vitamins and adaptogenic herbs for your body and XS Energy has it in a form that appeals to most people in regards to taste, appearance and convenience.
Articles in this section
- Is NUTRIWAY® Double X recommended for pregnant women or nursing mothers?
- If I need to contact an Amway Naturopath who can I email?
- Is there a NUTRIWAY® Double X NEXT GEN - 62 Day pack?
- What are the features and benefits of NUTRIWAY DOUBLE X NEXT GEN?
- Why was a new formula developed for NUTRIWAY DOUBLE X?
- What are the ingredients in NUTRIWAY® Siberian Ginseng & Ginkgo Biloba?
- What is NUTRIWAY® Siberian Ginseng & Ginkgo Biloba?
- Can I buy the BODYKEY® masterkey separately?
- Advisory for NUTRIWAY® Vitamin B Complete
- What is the recommended dosage for NUTRIWAY® Vitamin B Complete