To qualify for the annually paid Emerald Bonus, a Platinum IBO must personally or foster sponsor 3 x 21% groups in his own market, each of which qualifies at the 21% Performance Bonus level for at least 6 months during the performance year.
The Emerald Bonus is paid annually. AMWAY sets aside an amount equal to 1/4 of 1% of all qualified BV downline from all qualified Emerald IBOs in the market (including 1/4 of 1% of all AMWAY foreign subsidiary qualified volume traceable to Australia or New Zealand sponsorship, provided that volume is only one country removed from the market). At the end of each performance year (August 31), this fund is distributed among all the Emerald IBOs who qualify in the following manner:
(1) The annual qualified BV of each of the Emerald IBOs groups, including the BV on which the Emerald IBO has earned the Leadership Bonus, is added together.
(2) A point value of 4 points is assigned for each 1,000 BV per group for the first 25,000 BV; 2 points are assigned for each 1,000 BV per group for the next 49,999 BV; 1 point is assigned for each 1,000 BV per group for the next 49,999 BV and 1 point is assigned for each 10,000 BV per group thereafter. This computation is made for each group.
(3) The total points for all groups of each participating Emerald IBO are then added.
(4) Dividing the total fund available by the total points gives an AUD/NZD value per point.
(5) The Emerald Bonus is then determined for each qualified Emerald IBO by multiplying his points by the AUD/NZD value per point.
(6) Payment for the performance year ending August 31 are sent out in December.
NOTE: For all bonus purposes, a No. 2 Independant Business (an Independant Business which has been purchased or otherwise acquired, and is being operated by a Platinum IBO or above in a different line of sponsorship) is treated as a completely separate business. Volumes generated by the 2 Independant Business’ are not combined for purposes of calculating bonuses or for award purposes.