Ingrown hairs are caused when a hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Shaving (and waxing) is the leading cause, because the hair edge is cut off unevenly, often level with the surface of the skin, where it can be forced underneath the surface of the skin. Prevention starts with avoiding shaving too closely; this includes properly hydrating the beard hair, lubricating the surface of the skin, and shaving with the direction of the hair growth. Skin prone to ingrown hairs should exfoliate regularly, which can help free any trapped hairs; ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a good choice.
Articles in this section
- What are the benefits of becoming an ARTISTRY® Skincare Consultant?
- What has happened to the ARTISTRY® Unknown™ body wash and the ARTISTRY® Flora Chic body wash?
- How do I find out more about ARTISTRY® Men Unknown™ fragrance?
- What is ARTISTRY® Men Unknown™ fragrance?
- Does Amway sell stands ARTISTRY® display stands?
- Can I use the ARTISTRY® Polishing Exfoliant on acne skin?
- Can I use the ARTISTRY® Polishing Exfoliant every day?
- Should I exfoliate every day?
- Do I need to wet the cotton pad before apply the ARTISTRY® Softening Lotion?
- How many ARTISTRY® serums can I use together at one time?