Ingrown hairs are caused when a hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Shaving (and waxing) is the leading cause, because the hair edge is cut off unevenly, often level with the surface of the skin, where it can be forced underneath the surface of the skin. Prevention starts with avoiding shaving too closely; this includes properly hydrating the beard hair, lubricating the surface of the skin, and shaving with the direction of the hair growth. Skin prone to ingrown hairs should exfoliate regularly, which can help free any trapped hairs; ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a good choice.
Articles in this section
- Does the ARTISTRY Skin Analyzer support iOS Dark Mode?
- Where can I find makeup tutorial videos for Artistry Studio® Tokyo?’
- What colours would match the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Deep Correct & Perfect Base?
- What colours would match the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Medium deep Correct & Perfect Base?
- What colours would match the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Medium Correct & Perfect Base?
- Can you apply the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Blue Mascara over another ARTISTRY mascara?
- What colours would match the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Light Medium Correct & Perfect Base?
- What ARTISTRY© foundation colours would match the ARTISTRY Tokyo Light Correct & Perfect Face?
- Is the ARTISTRY© Tokyo Power Brow Pen long lasting?
- I am looking for a natural look for my brows, which ARTISTRY© Tokyo product should I use?