Ingrown hairs are caused when a hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Shaving (and waxing) is the leading cause, because the hair edge is cut off unevenly, often level with the surface of the skin, where it can be forced underneath the surface of the skin. Prevention starts with avoiding shaving too closely; this includes properly hydrating the beard hair, lubricating the surface of the skin, and shaving with the direction of the hair growth. Skin prone to ingrown hairs should exfoliate regularly, which can help free any trapped hairs; ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a good choice.
Articles in this section
- Where do you apply the ARTISTRY® Studio LA lights, camera face stick?
- What is the ARTISTRY® Studio LA oil gloss in the lights, camera lip oil gloss?
- How should I remove my ARTISTRY® Studio LA pacific proof brow protector application?
- Is the ARTISTRY® Studio LA pacific proof brow protector waterproof?
- What are the featured ingredients of the ARTISTRY® Studio LA pacific proof eyeshadow cream?
- Is the ARTISTRY® Studio LA pacific proof eyeshadow cream waterproof?
- What are the featured ingredients of the ARTISTRY® Studio LA pacific sunset body bar?
- Does the ARTISTRY® Studio LA polishing body bar contain plastic exfoliating beads?
- Are all of the ARTISTRY® Studio LA products free from animal derived ingredients?
- What ARTISTRY® Studio LA products are fragrance free?