Ingrown hairs are caused when a hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Shaving (and waxing) is the leading cause, because the hair edge is cut off unevenly, often level with the surface of the skin, where it can be forced underneath the surface of the skin. Prevention starts with avoiding shaving too closely; this includes properly hydrating the beard hair, lubricating the surface of the skin, and shaving with the direction of the hair growth. Skin prone to ingrown hairs should exfoliate regularly, which can help free any trapped hairs; ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a good choice.
Articles in this section
- What are the key ARTISTRY anti-aging ingredients?
- Does ARTISTRY Supreme LX Eye Cream and Enriching Lotion contain retinol?
- Can Supreme LX improve stretch marks?
- Does ARTISTRY® Studio Tinted Lip Balm contain SPF?
- What is ARTISTRY® Glittering Body Jelly
- What is ARTISTRY® Multi-Purpose Dry Oil Spray?
- What is ARTISTRY® Bath Fizzy?
- What is the ARTISTRY® Multi-Benefit Bar Soap?
- What is the ARTISTRY® Makeup Setting Spray?
- What shades does the ARTISTRY 3 in 1 Brow Shaper come in?