Ingrown hairs are caused when a hair curls back or grows sideways into the skin. Shaving (and waxing) is the leading cause, because the hair edge is cut off unevenly, often level with the surface of the skin, where it can be forced underneath the surface of the skin. Prevention starts with avoiding shaving too closely; this includes properly hydrating the beard hair, lubricating the surface of the skin, and shaving with the direction of the hair growth. Skin prone to ingrown hairs should exfoliate regularly, which can help free any trapped hairs; ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a good choice.
Articles in this section
- What are the benefits of becoming an ARTISTRY® Skincare Consultant?
- Can I use one set of Signature Select Serums for the day and another for the evening?
- Can I use the base serum alone?
- Can I use more than 3 Amplifiers into one Base Serum?
- Can you add both Brightening and Anti-Spot Amplifiers to a base serum?
- What is the Signature Select Anti-Spot Amplifier?
- What is the Signature Select Firming Amplifier?
- What is the Signature Select Anti-Wrinkle Amplifier?
- What is the Signature Select Brighten Amplifier?
- What is the Signature Select Hydration Amplifier?