At Amway (NUTRIWAY), we have always been committed to creating supplements with natural ingredients. That is why we are committed to being a non-GMO brand. Our products comply with or exceed all global GMO labeling requirements as well.
This is an intentional process that includes:
- Use of non-GMO plants that have not had their genetic material (DNA) altered in any way.
- Careful farming practices that minimize the potential for trace amounts of genetically modified material unintentionally getting mixed in during the growing and harvesting of raw ingredients.
These practices include:
- Being able to trace the material from seed, through harvesting, to raw material and finished good production.
- Creating buffer zones around crops that minimize “drift” of pollens and seeds from GMO crops carried by wind, birds and other animals.
- Keeping all farm and production equipment for non-GMO plants only.
- Using natural barriers, such as planting upwind from neighbouring farms.
- Staggering plantings to be off-cycle with neighbouring farms.
- Maintaining good working relationships with neighbouring farmers and monitoring whether they are growing GMO crops.
- The ability to trace raw material production and transport of the material to the finished good producer.
- Verified data collection on each product lot (i.e. batch)