No. Activated carbon readily adsorbs (causes to stick to its surface) organic carbon-based compounds, but it does not have an equivalent removal capacity for inorganic compounds such as iron, lime scale, nitrates, hardness minerals (such as calcium and magnesium), or soluble heavy metals like chromium or cadmium.
Articles in this section
- Does AMWAY HOME® SA8® washing powder rust metal?
- I have recently changed my ATMOSPHERE® filter and the indicator is still red?
- Which Amway homecare products have a Safer Choice Certification?
- My iCook® handle or knob is cracked
- How do I get iCook® defects assessed?
- How can I get replacement parts for my iCook® cookware?
- What is the warranty for my iCook® cookware?
- Do I have to cook using the vitalok™ cooking method or can i cook the way I usually do?
- My iCook® lid is stuck to the pan, what should I do?
- If there is a vitalok™ moisture seal, how do i check if my food is cooked?