The moisture seal is broken when you lift the lid. It is best if you can check your food by lifting the lid just high enough to insert a fork inside the pan. Whenever you check your food, you will have to allow the moisture seal to form again before VITALOK cooking can begin again. Try not to check your food too often.
This will save time and helps to preserve the foods’ natural colour, flavour, texture, and nutrients. As you become more accustomed to cooking with iCook Cookware, you will learn how quickly foods cook. You will quickly gain confidence, allowing you to check your food less often for the desired finish.
Articles in this section
- Do you sell spare parts for Queen or iCook®?
- Do I have to cook using the vitalok™ cooking method or can i cook the way I usually do?
- My iCook® lid is stuck to the pan, what should I do?
- If there is a vitalok™ moisture seal, how do i check if my food is cooked?
- How does the vitalok™ cooking method lock in nutrients?
- Can I use iCook® cookware on my ceramic cooktop?
- Can I use my iCook® in the microwave?
- Can I change the long handle on my iCook® to the side handles instead?
- My iCook® handle or knob is loose
- An odour is coming from my iCook® handle