If the lid is stuck to the pan, it is probably because the contents of the pan or the pan itself have cooled creating a partial vacuum. Do not try to pry the lid from the pan. Place the pan on the burner and heat on low checking every few seconds. Heating the pan will cause the air in the pan to expand allowing the lid to free itself from the pan.
If the lid is stuck because there is food trapped between the pan and the lid, pour a small amount of water in the set down and heat on low. Check every few seconds to see when the lid has loosened.
Articles in this section
- Which Amway homecare products have a Safer Choice Certification?
- My iCook® handle or knob is cracked
- How do I get iCook® defects assessed?
- How can I get replacement parts for my iCook® cookware?
- What is the warranty for my iCook® cookware?
- Do I have to cook using the vitalok™ cooking method or can i cook the way I usually do?
- My iCook® lid is stuck to the pan, what should I do?
- If there is a vitalok™ moisture seal, how do i check if my food is cooked?
- How does the vitalok™ cooking method lock in nutrients?
- Can I use iCook® cookware on my ceramic cooktop?